The airport

On my blog I want to share also my negative feelings, writing helps me to make me feel better.

Airports can be so exciting, but yet so sad. Today I brought my boyfriend to the airport, after spending almost two weeks together. He even rebooked his flight, so we were two days longer together and he would attend my birthday party. I felt terrible today, the pain you feel when you let someone you love go. Airports can be exciting, but when it comes to travel with extra baggage the situation changes. I compare this to the first time I let him go. A stranger who I did not know well. I knew one thing, and that was that he would come back again to Holland or Belgium.  Now, almost one year later it's getting harder and harder. 

An airport didn't seem like that in the past. The long road to the airport, his feelings, my feelings. Lots of emotions, and ideas come to your mind. Questions like: When do I see him again? What's next? Etc. When we say goodbye to eachother, I always want to have the fast one: A kiss, sweet words and especially: don't look behind. You have to walk to the gate and make the long wait for the plane carrying the extra baggage. However, I've learned to accept it and deal with it. This is our live now. I don't want to complain, some couples don't see eachother for months and months. We see eachother very often.

When you travel to your loved one, airports are really exciting, or when you are going on holiday after a long period of work. Everything seems perfect:  the most expensive coffee at the airport, the seat on the airplane, the stress about the quantity of liquids. Etc. But the best feeling is when the plain is landing and you're ready to see him. That’s when the entire wait, the pain, and the desperation melt. That’s when you know that no matter how painful it is, it is worth it to be in a long distance relationship.I would prefer to run out of that plane, but you have to wait for a while. Which makes me a little impatient. 

I hope the extra baggage will feel lighter every time. But i'm sure, if you still feel this excitement after a long time not seeing eachother, it's the right person. Maybe one day you will not be carrying the extra baggage anymore.. and the aiport is again that place like you have seen in the past.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten