A Campingflight Down The Rabbit Hole

I went with my bestfriend and some of her friends to Down The Rabbit Hole festival. I'm still so excited! It's amazing how many great bands I've seen. 
A review of my favorites:

The Black Marble Selection
I didn't know this national band from Tilburg, but I am so happy that I got to know them now. These guys wants to give you a sixty feeling by their music and looks. In this journey through time they got the audience with them, which is very difficult because they are not very well-known. The band brings a danceable mix of groovy garage and catchy beat music, but mixed with soulful rhythm and blues.

The Soft Moon
Also, I didn't know this energetic band. When those three mysterious men came up, in silence and without any words, you ended in up in a weird dream. The Soft Moon plays dark psychedelic rock. They carry you away, you let everything go and you want nothing else but stay in this strange dream. 

James Vincent McMorrow
The singer from Ireland with the amazing high-voice. I was really looking forward to him . For a while I was addicted to his cover of Wicked Game and his own Breaking Hearts. But I was a bit disappointed. The whole set was beautiful, but not in a big place like this. It's more living-room/small venue music. You have to sit and listen to carefully . After all: he was really good with the audience. He talked a lot, maybe even to much. 

Thomas Dybdahl
I'm seriously in love with this man. I went to his concert alone, and stood in front. He gave me goose bumps, especially when he played my all-time favorite: But we did. Keyboardist Severud was with his stage-orgel a nice addition Dybdahls guitarsound. It was a tearjerker.


Balthazar
I saw Balthazar last year at Best Kept Secret. What a difference! The Belgium indierockband have become better. The group (consisting of five people) sounds when they all sing together lik a choir.
They have a nice variety in their set, making it not boring.
 
The Black Keys
The crowd went crazy, becaus they were playing a lot of hits. They played only four numbers of their new album. I was in heaven, because I like the song of their other albums more.
I've finally seen them live and they made my expectations.
 
Hozier
You can feel the magic when he starts to play with his band. In the opening song he sings sensitive and touches the audience immediately. But Hozier has much more to offer. Seemingly with little difficulty, he varies between bluesy songs, catchy pop songs and subdued work. He has to improve his performing-skills, because he is a little too timid. In combination with well-performed covers, he plays his own repertoire. With Take me to church he got the audience. 
MGMT
I think the audience only wanted to hear three songs: Kids, Electric feel and Time to pretend. Or: they wanted to dance, drink a lot of beer because our Dutch team did it again! They played between the popular songs, their psychedelic/spacy early work. Not bad songs, but they didn't play it with a lot of conviction. But when they played Kids, oh men..the crowd could finally express their discharge. 
 
 
 


 

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten